If you haven't checked out my post on my core values, check it out here. I created it after a lengthy & deep conversation with Lynn, and I'm proud to say that it has really paid off.
Carrying forward from my core values foundation, I laid out a roadmap for my next 5 years with 4 specific categories in mind: Career, Travel, Activities & Personal Life, based on the things that I value. These are the items on my bucket list that I want to have accomplished between now and December 31st, 2021, and I am going to share them all here in order to hold myself accountable. One more thing - I plan on posting an update to these blogs every year to let you know what's new in my life too!
Ambitious? Yes, but as William Ross says, "Every man dies - Not every man really lives." So let's dive right into it!
This is where I would like to see myself grow professionally in the next 5 years:
- I want to start & run a business full-time successfully for at least a year, hoping to reach profitability within a year's time
- With running a business, comes hiring employees. I would like to build my own team who will assist me in achieving my goals.
- On the side, I would like to take the Intro to Web Development course at Launch Academy (or something similar) to expand my current repertoire.
- Finally, I would like to be certified in a skill that is outside my current core competencies, ie. cooking, massage, etc.
This is where I would like to travel to by end of the next 5 years:
- I want to backpack across Europe for at least a month, exploring Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Italy and more.
- I want to explore Peru, and trek for a 4-5 day trip to the Machu Picchu.
- I want to fly to Nepal to trek to the Mount Everest Base Camp in 15 days.
- I want to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, right to the top!
- And finally, I would like to live in Japan for 6 months to explore the country.
This is what I would like to confront my fear and take on in the next 5 years:
- Even though I am extremely fearful of heights, I would like to go skydiving and naturally, jump out of a plane.
- I want to run a marathon that is outside of North America.
- I want to participate in a series of Improv Classes, and participate in the Amateur Night class as part of the Vancouver TheatreSports League.
- I want to complete the entire Howe Sound Crest Trail.
- On top of skydiving, I want to take on the Hellavator at the PNE (I know - I am actually really scared of this.)
- Lastly, I want to take down a local food challenge in Vancouver ie. 4lbs of Pad Thai at Thai Café, etc.
This is where I want to see my personal life grow in the next 5 years:
- I want to get engaged.
- I want to own a second home.
- I want to become financially stable through recurring revenue.
- And finally, I want to live in another country, start a whole new life and still be able to figure my own way out.
This is definitely going to be a challenge, and it's going to be hard! But where's the fun in life if things come easy? So let's do this - I'm hitting Publish!